CCK Mashup -- Oh The Things You Can Do!
The Content Construction Kit (CCK) is pretty handy by itself, but really useful when hooked into other modules. We'll look at ways to combine CCK with Views, Panels, Devel, and lots of other modules to make Drupal sing and dance.
We'll look at ways to combine CCK with other modules to do interesting and exciting things, including:
- Protect fields with Content Permissions.
- Add fields and relationships to Views.
- Insert fields and groups into Panels.
- Generate field data with Devel.
- Populate fields from feeds using Feed API.
- Make clickable maps into input widgets using GMap and Location.
- Inject pictures into fields using Flickr.
The goal for this session is to demonstrate ways to extend Drupal by combining modules and/or adding a bit of custom code to achieve solutions that are more than the sum of their parts.
Some of the modules to be discussed include:
- CCK, and all the CCK core modules
- Feed API