Drupal Patterns - Managing and Automating Site Configurations
Drupal is an amazing framework. Complicated websites and web applications can be created by combining configurations of Modules, Content Types (CCK,) Views, Panels, Menus, Blocks, Categories, Roles & Permissions. This site setup and configuration process is very time consuming and repetitive.
This process can and should be automated! Site configuration should also be stored in a format that is easy to read, modify, manage, & share. The Patterns Module is about solving these issues and more.
Join us for a presentation, demo and discussion of what the Patterns module (http://drupal.org/project/patterns) is all about.
- What is Patterns and why?
- Current landscape for automating Drupal setup and configuration (Install Profiles, Macro, database merging, etc.)
- Review module architecture
- Look at Patterns configuration code examples
- Demonstration of automated site setup
You will come away from this session with a better understanding of the options available for automating Drupal setup and configuration. You will also learn how to use Patterns to save time and easily setup complex websites. Finally you will learn how to create your own patterns and get involved with improving the module.