Using Intelligent Web Services for Semantic Drupal Sites
Leveraging semantic web services such as Thompson Reuter's Calais within Drupal enables you to do amazing things that will be part of the semantic revolution. This session will cover some incredibly powerful things you can do to augment content and create powerful features once you have the semantic context and metadata of the information driving a site.
This session is geared towards Drupal implementers, themers and module developers. If you have an interest in publishing or media sites or want to see latest and greatest in Semantic Drupal - you won’t be disappointed.
In addition to Q&A, the topics covered will include:
- Demonstration of the Calais Web Service & Calais Collection of Drupal Modules
- Demonstration of a Drupal site that uses Calais and semantic power, such as
- Calais Geo for geo-tagging and mashups of content
- More Like This…that creates semantically relevant links to other content both on your site and on the web
- Tagging and integration of multimedia content from Flickr and YouTube
- Topic Hubs that aggregates community discussion around hot topics in your content
- Discuss emerging standards in metadata tagging that are available on Drupal to expose semantic linkages via RDFa, etc.
- Talk about future directions for Drupal modules, capabilities, other semantic tools & technologies that can be integrated to give your sites a fast track to the semantic web.
Developers and implementers will learn what tools are available now to take advantage of semantic web services on the Drupal platform. Architects and forward-looking developers will get a glimpse of the future of Drupal/semantic/API integration.
Frank Febbraro and Tom Tague will lead this session.