Building Church Websites with Drupal
Churches are not like businesses. They're not even like non-profits. Churches (and other ministries) are unique in their goals, their approach, and their challenges. In this session, Mustardseed Media Inc owner, Bob Christenson, and his Developer and Podcast Co-Host Matt Farina, will present how they build church community-style websites using Drupal on a daily basis, talking about the modules and approaches used to create successful sites.
Churches are not like businesses. They're not even like non-profits. Churches (and other ministries) are unique in their goals, their approach, and their development environments. In this session we'll cover the following:
- Church site architecture
- Starting simple. Building for the future.
- Events (and repeating events) for Churches
- Podcasting/Videocasting your Sermons
- Church all 7 days: Organic Groups
- Moderating Community Content
- CMS vs. ChMS
- Talking to your pastor/leader about online community fears
- Your questions, answers, and concerns...
Attendees will walk away with a general overview of what elements make up a church community-style website, which modules to use to make it happen, and finally an answer to the biggest question of all: "How do I get my pastor to let me do this?"
Session leader Bob Christenson hosts a couple podcasts to get you primed: