Promiscuous Drupal: Building Your Site With Web APIs
Whether it's a sidebar with Flickr photos or a shopping cart powered by Amazon, more and more of your site's features can be provided by other sites' Web 2.0 APIs. This session will cover strategies for building service driven sites, and best practices for exposing external web services to Drupal.
One Lucky Attendee will receive a free novelty Drupal module.
This session is intended for site architects or experienced Drupal developers. The first half will focus on choices faced by site builders leveraging existing web services, while the second half will give developers a road map for building new web service integration points for Drupal.
Topics covered will include:
- Why not build it yourself?
- Choosing your strategy: Link, Aggregate, or Absorb
- A roundup of existing integration modules
- DIY: consuming new web services in Drupal
- Get it done vs. do it right
- Common service integration pitfalls and how to avoid them