Pregnancy.org -- A Casestudy
pingVision will present the new Pregnancy.org Website. The presentation will include: Development of a Basal Body Temperature Tool using the Google Chart API; ad serving from three services, integration of vbulletin, various other tools; and a sizeable import of users and articles from the old and inflexible PHPNuke site.
- Introduction - An overview of business objectives and challenges.
- Architecture - How the project was planned, details on architecture, and
management strategies to complete the project.
- Lessons Learned - What did we learn? What worked? What didn't work?
- Questions and Answers - Ask questions, get answers
We want to share our experiences. We will illustrate some of the technical and business challenges faced. This project started development soon after Drupal 6 was released, which posed unique challenges that were successfully surmounted.
No specific audience resources are needed. Simply bring curiosity and
- Ben Jeavons http://dc2009.drupalcon.org/user/coltrane (lead developer)
- Matthew Saunders http://dc2009.drupalcon.org/user/matthews (web producer)
- Other pingVision staff
- Mollee Bauer of Pregnancy.org
Case Study Published
The case study, for this presentation, has been published on Drupal.org. You can review it and comment. Your comments and questions will help us finalize the presentation!