Making Dates and Calendars Rock!
We'll look at some of the rocking things you can do with Date and Calendar and a few other great Drupal 6 modules to create agenda-style views, embed customizable calendars anywhere, manage event attendance, hook up with the outside world using iCal, and lots lots more.
We'll look at some of the rocking things you can do with Date and Calendar in Drupal 6:
* Use new styles and settings to create 'Agenda' style views grouped by time and location.
* Embed multiple customizable calendars into the same page using Panels or custom code.
* Create date nodes synchronized to iCal feeds using the Feed API module.
* Manage event attendance using the Signup module.
* Show dates in a timeline using the Timeline module
* Automate repeating dates using the CCK Date module or the Date Repeat API.
* And more!
The goal is to make you aware of the things you can do with Date and Calendar in Drupal 6, some of the ways that they work together with other modules to do even more, and discuss some of the plans for future development of these modules.
We'll use the following modules:
* Date, Date API, and Date Repeat
* Feed API