OpenID, Drupal, and the Open Web
Practices are shifting to give us ownership over our data and our information on the internet. At the center of the current buzz around the Open Web, data portability, and distributed social networking is the basic need to identify people on the internet. Find out more about OpenID, tips on using it effectively, and where things are headed.
Free OpenID Identifier for all! Pants: Optional
OpenID - the open, decentralized identity framework - is a few years old now. Drupal support both in core and contrib has been steadily growing and expanding. However, there is still a great deal of work to be done. OpenID is still an emerging protocol and faces some challenges- particularly around usability.
In this session we will discuss:
- What is OpenID and why is it so important?
- What work is being done in Drupal? What is still needed?
- What's wrong with OpenID and how can we fix it?
- Why are decentralized services so important and why is OpenID so important to those services?
- A look into the crystal ball at the future of the internet.