Deploying and Maintaining Drupal Sites Using the Aegir Hosting System
Installing and maintaining a Drupal website is a straight forward process, even if most of the work required has to be done manually. This is sufficient if you only maintain a single or small number of sites, but it starts breaking down when you maintain ten, a hundred, or even a thousand sites. Aegir is a new set of contributed modules for Drupal that aims to solve this common problem.
In this session, I will explain the Aegir system, how the different pieces fit together, and how it can help you or your business save time and money on tasks that are easily automated. Work smarter, not harder. To deploy a new site you simply have to create a new Site node. To backup or upgrade sites, you simply manage your site nodes as you would any other node.
In Norse mythology, Aegir was the god of the oceans and if Drupal is a drop of water, Aegir is the deity of large bodies of water.
- History - A system 5 years in the making.
- Goals - Guiding principles in the development of Aegir.
- User walkthrough - We show you what you can do with the system once installed.
- Under the hood - An overview of the system's architecture.
- Status - What's ready today? Can I start using it NOW?
- Roadmap - Where to from here? Extendability.
- Integration - Ecommerce, White boxing and more.
- Discussion - Questions and possible future features.
This session will help you understand the Aegir system, how the different pieces fit together and how it can help you or your business save time and money on tasks that are easily automated.
Work smarter, not harder.